Trusted Training Partners
Quick Look Course Summary:Lead people development and talent management (Generic Management)
Next Public Course Date:
Length: 3 day(s)
Price (at your venue): 1 Person R 16,700.00 EX VAT 3 Person R 11,644.28 EX VAT 10 Person R 7,836.00 EX VAT
Certification Type: Non-Accredited
Locations & Venues: Off-site or in-house. We train in all major city centres throughout South Africa.
Get Free & personalised
Lead people development and talent managementAttend transformative learning experience, empowering participants with essential leadership skills and strategies to nurture and develop talent effectively. Through talent identification, recruitment, and engagement techniques, attendees will learn how to attract and retain top performers, fostering a culture of growth and innovation within their organizations. The course delves into succession planning, performance management, and learning and development strategies to enhance individual and team performance. Moreover, participants will gain insights into talent analytics, diversity and inclusion, and ethical considerations, ensuring they can make data-driven decisions and lead their organizations with integrity. This comprehensive course equips aspiring leaders to build high-performing teams and become strategic change agents, driving organizational success through effective people development and talent management practices.
Course outlineThis Unit Standard is suitable for managers in all economic sectors. These managers would typically be second level managers such as heads of department, section heads or divisional heads, who may have more than one team reporting to them. Upon successful completion of this Unit Standard course you will become proficient at:
- Recording the results of the training needs analysis.
- Managing the implementation of a people development plan for a unit.
- Analysing education, training and development needs of members of a unit.
- Compiling a people development plan for a work unit.
- Compile a people development plan for a unit.
- Record the results of the training needs analysis.
- Manage the implementation of the people development plan of a unit.
- Analyse education, training and development needs of members of a unit.
- Recording the results of the training needs analysis: After conducting a comprehensive training needs analysis, the outcome involves compiling and documenting the findings, including identified skill gaps, training requirements, and development areas for individuals or the entire unit.
- Managing the implementation of a people development plan for a unit: This outcome involves overseeing the execution of the people development plan, ensuring that training and development activities are aligned with organizational goals, timelines are met, and resources are optimally utilized.
- Analyzing education, training, and development needs of members of a unit: The outcome entails conducting a thorough assessment of the knowledge, skills, and competencies required by individual team members within the unit, considering both current and future needs.
- Compiling a people development plan for a work unit: This involves consolidating all relevant information gathered from the training needs analysis and education assessment into a comprehensive development plan for the entire work unit, outlining specific learning objectives and tailored development activities.
- Compiling a people development plan for a unit: Similar to the previous outcome, this focuses on developing a holistic development plan for the entire unit, considering the collective needs and growth areas to enhance overall team performance.
- Record the results of the training needs analysis: Accurately documenting the outcomes of the training needs analysis ensures that all relevant data is captured, facilitating decision-making and future reference for designing effective training programs.
- Manage the implementation of the people development plan of a unit: Taking charge of the people development plan’s execution requires effective project management, resource allocation, and coordination to drive positive outcomes and skill enhancement.
- Analyze education, training, and development needs of members of a unit: Thoroughly examining the educational background, training histories, and individual aspirations of unit members helps identify specific areas for improvement and growth opportunities.
- Identifying skill gaps and development areas: Based on the analysis of individual and unit-wide needs, identifying specific skills or knowledge gaps that require targeted training and development initiatives.
- Designing tailored development activities: Developing customized training and development programs that address the unique needs of individuals and the unit as a whole, maximizing the impact of the learning experience.
- Aligning development initiatives with organizational goals: Ensuring that the people development plan is in line with the organization’s strategic objectives and contributes to the overall success of the business.
- Implementing a variety of learning methods: Incorporating diverse learning approaches, such as workshops, seminars, e-learning, coaching, and on-the-job training, to cater to different learning styles and preferences.
- Tracking progress and evaluating effectiveness: Monitoring the progress of individuals and the unit throughout the development plan’s implementation, and assessing the effectiveness of the training programs to make necessary adjustments and improvements.
- Providing ongoing support and feedback: Offering continuous support to individuals undergoing development activities, providing constructive feedback, and facilitating opportunities for continuous growth and improvement.
- Measuring the impact of the people development plan: Assessing the overall impact of the plan on individual performance, team dynamics, and organizational outcomes, demonstrating the value and return on investment of the training and development efforts.
- Human Resources (HR) Manager: The HR manager plays a central role in identifying and addressing the training and development needs of employees. They need to attend to understand the outcomes of the training needs analysis, design appropriate development plans, and ensure alignment with the organization’s strategic goals.
- Training and Development Specialist: This professional is responsible for designing and implementing training programs. Attending will enable them to gain insights into the specific education, training, and development needs of individual team members and the unit, leading to more targeted and effective training initiatives.
- Unit Supervisor/Team Leader: Unit supervisors and team leaders need to attend to comprehend the people development plan for their respective teams. They will play a crucial role in managing the plan’s implementation, providing support, and monitoring progress for their team members.
- Learning and Development Coordinator: As the coordinator responsible for overseeing the execution of training initiatives, this individual will benefit from understanding the recorded results of the training needs analysis. They will use this information to coordinate the delivery of training programs and track their effectiveness.
- Organization Executive/Manager: It is essential for top-level executives and managers to attend to understand the overall direction of the people development plan. They need to ensure that the plan aligns with the organization’s strategic objectives and contributes to the long-term success of the business. Their support and involvement are vital in fostering a culture of continuous learning and development within the organization.
- Communication at NQF Level 4.
- Mathematical Literacy at NQF Level 4.
- Computer Literacy at NQF Level 4.
Unit StandardLead people development and talent management, SAQA I.D. 59201 NQF Level: NQF Level 05, Unit Standard: 252029
Contact Us Now!
Please Phone Us Now To Speak to One of Our Friendly Consultants to Provide This Course around your schedule:
Please Fill in the Form – We Will Get Back to You Within 15 minutes