Trusted Training Partners
Quick Look Course Summary:Effectively Manage Human Resources & Labour Relations
Next Public Course Date:
Length: 3 day(s)
Price (at your venue): 1 Person R 15,365.00 EX VAT 3 Person R 10,243.81 EX VAT 10 Person R 6,435.08 EX VAT
Certification Type:Service Seta Accredited
Locations & Venues: Off-site or in-house. We train in all major city centres throughout South Africa.
Get Free & personalised
Human…handle with care – get up to speed on the workings of Labour Law
In dealing with managing the human element of the business, one needs to:
- be able to analyse policy, procedures, agreements and conditions of employment that are applicable in the workplace; and
- take on the mantle of responsibility to optimize and maintain efficiencies surrounding these policies.
This comprehensive course covers a number of important aspects involved with labour relations. You will learn how to:
- Participate in the implementation of applicable labour legislation, draft job descriptions, recruit staff, set up selection panels and draft employment contracts.
- Set up performance evaluation committees and manage the performance evaluation process as well as being taken through a step by step process involving the development, facilitation and monitoring of disciplinary policies, processes and procedures.
- Develop and maintain effective human resource policies and procedures.
- Participate in the implementation of applicable labour legislation.
- Develop, facilitate and monitor disciplinary policy, process and procedures.
- Institute performance evaluation committees and manage the performance evaluation process.
- Institute facilitation of disciplinary policies, actions and hearings.
- Draft job descriptions.
- Handle recruitment.
- Set up selection panels
- Draft employment contracts.
Benefits of attending: Effectively Manage Human Resources & Labour Relations course
Upon successful completion of this course you will be up to speed on the workings of Labour Law and proficient in the following areas:
- Include policy and procedures on employment equity, skills development, grievance procedures, performance evaluation, remuneration negotiations, disciplinary hearings etc. in the development and maintenance of effective human recourse policies and practices.
- Handle the recruitment process in the drafting of job descriptions, holding selection panels and drafting employment contracts.
- Apply the terms and conditions of employment including start date and probation period, duration of employment, remuneration, notice period, leave including sick leave, family responsibility leave, maternity leave and annual and vacation leave; hours of work and overtime, other benefits and deductions.
- Handle organizational disciplinary policy, procedures and disciplinary code of conduct and instituting and facilitation of disciplinary policies actions and hearings.
- Taking into account performance evaluation policy and procedures, performance evaluation moderating committees and feedback, institute and manage the performance evaluation process.
- Implement applicable labour legislation terms of the Employment Equity Act, BCEA, LRA, SDA, SDL, OHSACT and COIDA.
Get up to speed on the workings of Labour law and enrol now for BOTI’s Effectively Manage Human Resources & Labour Relations course. BOTI offers management and leadership courses, leadership training and management training. BOTI offers business training programmes across South Africa.
Who should attend
This course is aimed at supervisors, team leaders and managers who manage a team of people and who wish to improve their human resources management skills.
Testimonials from similar courses
- ‘I learned a lot. The trainer’s entire presentation was awesome.’ M Niemand – Golden Pond 621 (Pty) Ltd – T/A Radisson Blu le Vendome
This Unit Standard course is aligned to Unit Standard 116394: Implement and manage human resource and labour relations policies and acts.