Trusted Training Partners
Quick Look Course Summary:Attention Management Course
Next Public Course Date:
Length: 1 day(s)
Price (at your venue): 1 Person R 3,982.50 EX VAT 3 Person R 2,920.89 EX VAT 10 Person R 2,017.37 EX VAT
Certification Type: Accredited
Locations & Venues: Off-site or in-house. We train in all major city centres throughout South Africa.
Get Free & personalised
Attention Management Training: Course Outline
- A less distracted employee is a more efficient employee.
- We believe that an emotionally invested employer or employee is a more productive one.
- We begin our workshop with an introduction to mushin, a Chinese term used in martial arts and meditation.
- Later on we will explain how to use the concept in the workplace to enable attention management and better management in general.
- Also in the first module we teach managers what the four areas of attention are and how to benefit from them.
- Moving on we discuss the many types of attention in depth. We deal with focused attention, sustained attention and selective attention as well as other types of attention. We will then teach participants about goal setting, and the four strategies for goal setting and achievement.
- TIP: People often fail to reach their goals because they ignore the emotional aspect of goal setting. Feelings towards goals determine whether or not they are achieved. In module five we will teach students about the benefits of meditation, we go back to mushin and this time we take an in depth look at mushin and everything else associated with meditation such as the alpha, beta, theta and delta brain waves. We also look at gamma brainwaves, all in all it is a detailed module which is another tool for the student’s toolkit.
- We will also deal with the zones of attention which were touched on earlier in more detail and we will teach our students what SMART goals are and how to achieve them. We will explore the three Ps to achieving goals, and explain how to identify what is positive, personal and present. Now that we have learned what attention is, and how to develop better attention skills we will teach students how to stay focused. We discuss the one minute rule, the five minute rule and what to do if you feel overwhelmed.
- We deal comprehensively with procrastination and share nine strategies to avoid and overcome it. We end the workshop off with teaching students how to prioritize their time and we discuss in depth some keys to prioritizing such as the 80/20 rule. We will also teach to define priorities which are urgent and those that are not. As we wrap up we urge students to maintain and update their action plan, so that they can see on paper how their lives change.
Pre workshop review
2. Attention management
Defining heart minded
3. Types of attention
4. Strategies for goal setting
Listening to your emotions
6. Training your attention
Case study 1
Case study 2
7. Attention zones model
8. SMART Goals
The three P’s
The SMART way
Evaluating and adapting
9. Keeping yourself focused
One minute rule
Five minute rule
What to do when you feel overwhelmed
Why we procrastinate
Nine ways to overcome procrastination
Eat the frog
11. Prioritising your time
The 80/20 rule
The urgent/important matrix
Creating a productivity journal
The glass jar
12. Topics not discussed
Post workshop overview
Attention Management Training: Course Duration
Attention Management Training: Who should attend
This is a self-enrichment course intended for anyone interested in attention management.
Don’t delay. Skill up at BOTi Today.