Trusted Training Partners
Quick Look Course Summary:Communicate in ETDP Settings Training Course
Next Public Course Date:
Length: 3 day(s)
Price (at your venue): 1 Person R 16,700.00 EX VAT 3 Person R 11,644.28 EX VAT 10 Person R 7,836.00 EX VAT
Certification Type:SETA Accredited
Locations & Venues: Off-site or in-house. We train in all major city centres throughout South Africa.
Get Free & personalised
The Communicate in ETDP Settings Training Course is suitable for those individuals who require to demonstrate an understanding of the Outcomes-based Education and Training approach used in South Africa within the context of the National Qualifications Framework (NQF). The underlying purpose of this Unit Standard is to equip candidates with the required knowledge and understanding that will inform their decisions and subsequent actions as it pertains to the implementation of Outcomes-Based Education and Training (OBET) and the National Qualifications Framework (NQF).
Since this Unit Standard course is intended for those who are involved in skills and people development where it pertains to education, training and development, successful completion of this course will enable you to effectively present and participate in oral communication and gain a working knowledge of the purpose of communication and the various target audiences within the required context.
Unit Standard Numbers:
This course is aligned to multiple unit standards as follows:
NQF Levels and number of credits:
This course is pitched at NQF Level 5 and is made up of the following Unit Standards and number of credits:
US115789: 5 credits
US115790: 5 credits
Credits: 10 as per multiple unit standards
Become a skilled Communicator in ETDP Settings when you learn:
How to explain the Outcomes-based approach to education and training (OBET): Module 1
Upon successful completion of this module you will effectively be able to:
- Within the context of a transformative approach to education, training and development, clearly articulate and explain the concept of what an outcome pertains to as a means of defining learner achievements and/or desired learning outcomes.
- Looking at the key factors, clearly explain the differences between the outcomes-based approach to education and training as it compares to other education, training and development approaches.
- Explain what is meant by assessment as it pertains to its pivotal position in terms of the outcomes-based approach, the importance of applying assessment principles and the impact of assessment on the learning process.
- Explain the impact of OBET with respect to its potential benefits to learners and employers, industry and society as a whole.
- Define the challenges involved in the process of implementing OBET where such pertain to manageability, costs and possible impact on learning organisations.
- Understand and correctly apply key terms within the context of OBET.
How to describe what the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) entails: Module 2
Successfully completing this module will enable you to:
- Explain the history of the National Qualifications Framework (NQF), highlighting its principal aims and objectives, rationale behind its existence and the main tennets by which it operates.
- Describe the NQF mechanisms, ensuring that descriptions are in line with the dedicated subject matter and demonstrate a grasp of how the NQF came into being.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the purposes involved in the various mechanisms and ensure that descriptions are in line with SAQA definitions.
- As per current published definitions, explain NQF-related structures as it pertains to their relationships, function and composition.
- As per current published definitions, explain the requirements and processes for participation in the NQF-related structures.
- Ensure that descriptions being used accurately show the impact of participation as well as non-participation on designated parties involving companies, learners and learning organisations.
- As it pertains to SAQA definitions, explain the bands and notion levels of the NQF.
- Correctly apply particular terms associated with the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) in the applicable context.
Correctly define and explain standards as they pertain to the NQF: Module 3
Successful completion of this module will enable you to:
- As they pertain to SAQA definitions, correctly articulate what is meant by ‘standards’.
- Describe the main parts of ‘standards’ where it pertains to important features, purpose, language form and how they relate to other aspects of standards.
- Pinpoint issues relating to the scope and size of standards in order to form focus questions that inform decision making in terms of the scope and size of a standard.
- Explain standards in terms of their different uses and overall relationship to qualifications.
- In line with SAQA regulations, articulate the processes, principles and rules relating to the design and registration of standards.
- Correctly apply particular terms associated with standards in the applicable context.
Explain and articulate qualifications: Module 4
Upon successfully completing this module you will be able to:
- In line with SAQA definitions, define qualifications.
- Describe the main parts of ‘qualifications’ where it pertains to important features, purpose, language form and how they relate to other aspects of qualifications.
- Pinpoint issues relating to the scope and size of qualifications in order to form focus questions that inform decision making in terms of the scope and size of a qualification.
- Explain qualifications in terms of their different uses and overall relationship to standards.
- In line with SAQA regulations, articulate the processes, principles and rules relating to the design and registration of qualifications.
- Correctly apply particular terms associated with qualifications in the applicable context.
Construct a broad plan in terms of implementing the NQF within an organisation: Module 5
Completing this module successfully will enable you to:
- To ensure appropriate implementation of the NQF, pinpoint the main elements that need to be put in place.
- Where it concerns benefits to learners, organisations, employees and employers, prepare dedicated motivation for the implementation of the NQF.
- Prepare an appropriate framework that can be used for further analysis as well as the creation of comprehensive action plans along with policies and procedures.
- See to it that the plan incorporates insights around the objectives, rationale, aims, principles, structures and mechanisms pertaining to the NQF.
- See to it that the plan incorporates the strategic objectives as well as the vision, mission and values of the organisation.
In terms of an ETDP setting, interact with others in oral communication as a speaker and/or listener: Module 6
Upon successful completion of this module you will be able to:
- As it relates to one-on-one group situations, ensure that responses demonstrate a sound understanding of complex issues being discussed.
- Clarify one’s own understanding of various concepts and further articulate such during discussions to open up the floor towards clarifying understanding amongst individuals within the group.
- Using an approach that supports the goals of group and/or one-on-one interactions, manage discussions as well as disagreements in a sensitive manner.
- To remove bias and sustain interaction as well as to clarify understanding, pinpoint and evaluate the fundamental points of view, underlying assumptions and subtexts in the spoken word.
As it pertains to an ETDP setting, make use of writing skills for dedicated purposes, audiences and contexts: Module 7
Successful completion of this module will equip you to:
- With regards to the planning of the text, demonstrate the appropriate use of time management skills.
- Pinpoint texts that are employed in the workplace and other settings in terms of specific transactional functions while simultaneously outlining the purpose for these texts.
- With regards to the purpose, context and audience, apply the appropriate narrative voice.
- Develop texts that demonstrate logical selection of content and provide justification for the inclusion of various requirements, incidents or decisions.
Benefits of attending the Communicate in ETDP Settings Training Course
Upon successful completion of this SAQA Accredited course, you will have acquired in-depth knowledge and an overall understanding of what is involved in the process of communicating within ETDP settings. This course will therefore enable you to:
- Achieve recognition towards a number of different qualifications within the fields of Education Training and Development and Human Resource Development and enhance your employment opportunities within these fields.
Who is this course suitable for?
This course is aimed at individuals who are seeking to improve their knowledge and understanding of communication within an ETDP setting with a view to furthering their ambitions within the fields of Education Training and Development and Human Resource Development.
This Unit Standard course is aligned to the following Unit Standards:
US115789: Sustain oral interaction across a wide range of contexts and critically evaluate spoken texts
US115790: Write and present for a wide range of purposes, audiences and contexts
Don’t Delay – Get on Course Now!
|QUALIFICATIONS UTILISING THIS UNIT STANDARD:|
|Core||50334||National Certificate: Occupationally Directed Education Training and Development Practices||Level 5||Level TBA: Pre-2009 was L5||Reregistered||2023-06-30||ETDP SETA|