Trusted Training Partners
Quick Look Course Summary:Employee Recognition Course
Next Public Course Date:
Length: 1 day(s)
Price (at your venue): 1 Person R 4,475.00 EX VAT 3 Person R 3,399.06 EX VAT 10 Person R 2,529.41 EX VAT
Locations & Venues: Off-site or in-house. We train in all major city centres throughout South Africa.
Get Free & personalised
Employee Recognition Course: Introduction
We teach participants in this course how to recognise the achievements of their employees.
Employee Recognition Course :Course Outline
- Walmart have a particularly good program for employee recognition.
- They guard their secrets with their very lives, but it is possible to find out how Walmart does it, and how you could emulate their program.
- We have all seen the ‘free recognition’ memes on Facebook and other social platforms. The Employee of the Month photo on the big whiteboard which, while pronouncing Ben to be the employee of the month, also sports a litany of messages to Ben, all of which are funny. See what they did right there?
- The original stodgy Employee of the Month award nobody looks at twice, is now examined by everybody working at that Walmart and everybody on social networks who see the post.
- Ben isn’t just getting a high five from his team leader, his colleagues have injected humour and elevated the recognition from something pertaining to one store in one town to a global market.
- That’s good PR, but then again, Walmart are known for it.
- Anyway, Walmart levels of recognition are what we are aiming to teach you.
- In this workshop we will teach you to assess the type of Employee Recognition program your company needs, we will show you how to train leaders to recognize their employees.
- You will know when and where recognition is needed and we will give you the skills to maintain your employee recognition program.
- We will kick things off by examining the different types of incentives will best suit your company, your budget and your employees.
- In module three we will help you design a program appropriate to your company.
- We all know what the SMART method is, we will now introduce the SMART format. This is an acronym for Sincere, Meaningful, Adaptable, Relevant and Timely.
- The most important consideration must be the budget, you do not want to implement a reward program this year only to withdraw it next year due to budget constraints.
- TIP: A great idea for on the spot recognition would be providing managers with company cards. The goal of employee recognition is to increase the repetition of desirable behaviour, so the reward must fit whatever is being recognized. The team leader on a gold mine shift would require a very different sort of recognition; especially one that fits with his culture.
- We wrap our workshop up by introducing a few ideas for small gestures of recognition that will be applicable to any company. We tell you when to roll out the red carpet and last but not least we end with a list of don’ts and maintenance of your program.
Detailed Course Outline
2. Types of incentives
Years of service
Attendance and wellness
3. Designing Employee Recognition Programs
Keep it simple
4. How to get the word spread
Be creative with designs
Paper the walls
Use social media
5. It starts from the top
Identifying desirable behaviours
Understanding the goals of the company
Providing recognition templates
6. Creating a culture of recognition
Keep your staff informed
Empower employees with peer to peer recognition
Teambuilding: Encourage camaraderie
Motivate by promoting fun
7. The best things in life are free
Spotlight employees in staff meetings
Write it down
Display your appreciation
Make work more comfortable
8. A small gesture goes a long way
Have a party
Make a game of it
Reward with a small gift
Give them a break
9. Pulling out the red carpet
Have an awards ceremony
Win Large items
10. The Don’ts of employee recognition
The art of the high five
Don’t let it become boring
Make sure the reward is motivational
11. Maintaining the program
Change the membership
Include in employee orientation
Annual awards ceremonies
12. Topics not discussed
Post workshop overview
Employee Recognition Course: Course Duration
Who should attend: Employee Recognition Course
This course is intended for Human Resources personnel and managers.
IMPORTANT ACTION: Do Not Wait To Improve Your Skills.
Book Now By Completing Online Booking Form / Customised Proposal or Obtain Approval For Your Already Received Customised Proposal