Trusted Training Partners
Quick Look Course Summary:Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Training Course
Next Public Course Date:
Length: 4 day(s)
Price (at your venue): 1 Person R 0.00 EX VAT 3 Person R 0.00 EX VAT 10 Person R 0.00 EX VAT
Locations & Venues:
Get Free & personalised
Lean Six Sigma Courses: Introduction
Lean Six Sigma is not an add-on to normal business activities. When implemented correctly, it is an integral part of the management and production process – driven by data and philosophy.
Six Sigma is a data-driven approach for eliminating defects and waste in any business process. You can compare Six Sigma with turning on your kitchen tap and experiencing the flow of clean, clear water. Dependable systems are in place to treat, purify and pressurize the water through the tap. “That is what Six Sigma does to business: it treats the processes in business so that they deliver their intended result.” (As cited in Six Sigma For Dummies By Craig Gygi, Neil DeCarlo, Bruce Williams). Lean means getting rid of the baggage that slows any process down, and not just production.
Together Lean philosophy and Six Sigma can assist any business, with production processes, redundant floor space, complaints resolution, eliminating waste and improving efficiencies within all aspects of an organization. Important to note; is that Lean Six Sigma is not about getting rid of people, but rather empowering employees to be more efficient in their own space.
This course will comprehensively teach participants the entire Lean Six Sigma methodology and essential business principles, including practice activities to do during and between workshop sessions.
Participants will be taught Basic Statistics (YB & GB) and Advanced Statistics (GB & BB); The Harada Method (GB & BB); Theory of Constraints (only Black Belts); the philosophy & the foundations of the 5 Principles of Lean and Six Sigma DMAIC. Armed with various tools within each phase, participants will be able to simplify complexed business problems through analysing data for variation and ultimately coming up with practical solutions. The aim of which is to reduce waste, minimise defects, improve efficiencies and bottom-line results.
Lean Six Sigma Training
- All Six Sigma Training is done according to the syllabus for the various courses specified.
- Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt (LSSYB)
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt (LSSGB)
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt (LSSBB)
The Modules are similar for the different levels except for the depth in each case.
The structure of the training contact time is divided as follows:
- In-class, instructor led training
- Self-Study (including mandatory assignments, exam and case study to complete and submit)
In-class, instructor led training:
At the end of each classroom contact session, the participant mut successfully complete a True/False and Essay type exam/test for each module.
The case study provides information as if it were a real-life business problem. The participant is expected to apply the (RECOGNIZE) DEFINE, MEASURE, ANALYSE, IMPROVE and CONTROL phases of Six Sigma using the information provided at each stage, to solve the problem “hidden” in the data; and to “deliver” the expected financial benefits. Through working through the case study, the participant demonstrates the underlying thinking process and application of the appropriate tools learnt during the training.
Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Training
4 days, in-class, instructor led training
Upon successful completion of this course you will have developed:
- A good high-level understanding of Lean Six Sigma methods (DMAIC) which prepares you to participate as a contributor to Lean Six Sigma projects
- An understanding of how to perform and interpret Six Sigma tools and how to use standard principles of Lean
- An understanding of the activities, deliverables and key concepts of team problem solving
- Be able to identify potential improvement opportunities in your organization and provide subject matter expertise to support Green and Black Belts
“Once you understand and better document business processes , you’ll start to slice out areas of improvement and realize financial savings.”
- What is Six Sigma
- Lean Six Sigma overview (3 modules)
- Recognize an opportunity
- Choose a project
- Pareto analysis
- Project assessment
- Develop the project plan
- Identify and overcome obstacles
- Map the process
- SIPOC maps
- Product family matrix
- Voice of the Customer(VOC)
- Kano analysis
- Tree diagrams
- Define phase tollgate review
- Principles of variation
- Measurement concepts:
- Measurement studies, statistical process control(SPC)
- Establish the baseline
- Descriptive statistics
- Individual control charts
- Control chart interpretation
- Normal distribution
- Process capability analysis
- Process yields
- Activity maps
- Spaghetti charts
- Value stream maps
- Stratify data:
– Data collection and sampling
– Matrix diagrams and other tools
– Histograms and frequency plots
– Set goals for outputs
- Failure mode and effects analysis (FMEA)
- Measure phase tollgate review
- The System door
- Root Cause Analysis
- 5WYS’s/ Ishikawa diagrams
- Value Analysis (overview)/ Value Stream Mapping,
- Types of waste
- Analyze: Exploratory Data Analysis(visual)
- Analyze: Inferential Statistics (overview) & The Analyze tollgate review
Improve & Control Phase
- Focus the problem statement
- Opportunity maps
- Develop theories of cause and effect:
– 1 Fishbone diagrams &
– 2 Model cause and effect
- Scatter plots
- Tollgate review
- LEAN: Maintaining a clean and efficient workplace
- Measurement system analysis
- Develop the improvement strategy
- pilot study
- Risk assessment and mitigation
- Implement the improvements:
– New standard operating procedures
– Implementing full-scale changes; mistake-proofing
– Transfer ownership
- Continuous improvement; Kaizen
- Project Tollgate Review
- Successful completion requires passing of all exams provided by BOTI for each Module, as well as the Case Study.
- Upon completion, all delegates will receive a Certificate of Attendance from BOTI for Yellow Belt Lean & Six Sigma and a
- 6sigmastudy™ Six Sigma Yellow Belt (Not Lean) – please see below why BOTI has this certification route.
|6sigmastudy™ Six Sigma Certifications||Other Six Sigma Certifications|
|1. Biggest accreditation body for Six Sigma certifications||6sigmastudy™ is the biggest accreditation body for Six Sigma certifications. 6sigmastudy™ has the largest Authorized Training Partner (A.T.P.) network of 2,100+ partners in 90+ countries.||Other Six Sigma accreditation bodies are smaller and not as well-recognized as 6sigmastudy™.|
|2. Students from 25,000+ companies in 150+ countries||VMEdu® / 6sigmastudy™ has trained/certified more than 750,000 students in delivering successful Six Sigma projects. More than 5,000 students are certified by 6sigmastudy™
each month which is more than any other certification body. Employees of 25,000+ companies from 150+ countries have enrolled with 6sigmastudy™/VMEdu®.
|Other Six Sigma accreditation bodies are not as popular or as widely accepted.|
|3. Industry-wide acceptance||The knowledge gained by getting a 6sigmastudy™ certification is universal in its application and has been applied by organizations in diverse projects spanning an eclectic mix of industries.||Other Six Sigma certifications are not accepted in all industries. Most of the time the learning from these certifications applies only to specific industries.|
|4. Established name in Six Sigma certifications||Training for 6sigmastudy™ certifications are provided by Authorized Training Partners (A.T.P.s) globally.
With more than 2,100+ A.T.P.s globally, 6sigmastudy™ has the widest network of accredited training companies offering its certifications.
6sigmastudy™ certifications are widely reputed and accepted by various Fortune 500 companies such as Apple, IBM, HP, Bank of America, AT&T, Dell, Verizon, Lockheed Martin, and PepsiCo.
|Other Six Sigma certification companies conduct their training through a much smaller network of trainers or training companies, and do not have the same level of credibility in the market that 6sigmastudy™ has.|
|5. Active Discussions to share and learn||6sigmastudy™ engages the Six Sigma/Lean and Quality Management community through active discussions on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, multiple Discussion Forums and Blogs. The 6sigmastudy™ LinkedIn Group is the most active Group for Six Sigma on LinkedIn.||Usually, other certification providers do not have such high activity discussion forums to engage their community.|
|6. Multiple free resources for Six Sigma Community||6sigmastudy™ provides a wide range of free resources such as 5+ hours of high-quality videos, useful case studies, interactive mobile apps, blogs, and articles, thereby contributing to the increased awareness of Six Sigma in the Six Sigma communities.||No other Six Sigma Certification provides high quality content and free resources to students in multiple formats. The main focus of such certification providers is to get students to their paid classes, rather than help students succeed with best practices.|