Trusted Training Partners
Quick Look Course Summary:Finance For Non Finance Managers
Next Public Course Date:
Length: 3 day(s)
Price (at your venue): 1 Person R 15,365.00 EX VAT 3 Person R 9,344.72 EX VAT 10 Person R 6,014.09 EX VAT
Certification Type:Service Seta Accredited
Locations & Venues: Off-site or in-house. We train in all major city centres throughout South Africa.
Get Free & personalised
Don’t Be Scared of Finances- Its Easier to Understand than You Think!
- For some managers, the art of working with financials comes naturally, while for others it can appear to be somewhat daunting.
- As you progress in developing your managerial skills, you come to realize that finance is one of those important aspects of any business that needs primary attention.
- Even if you are not a born ‘number cruncher, you will need to acquire and master the financials of the business in order to establish and effectively manage your own personal finances as well as the important aspects of what is going down with the bottom line performance of your unit.
- The methods and techniques covered throughout this course will help you to understand the key concepts involved with managing your personal finances as well as managing the finances of a unit.
- You will learn how to draft budgets in line with operational plans assigned to your unit and prepare financial forecasts. You will also acquire the necessary skills to enable you to oversee the finances of your unit in line with business requirements and be well on your way towards mastering the art and science of interpreting financial statements.
Crunch those numbers and learn how to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the key concepts of managerial finance.
- Draft budgets according to the operational plan of the unit.
- Describe and prepare financial forecasts.
- Interpret financial statements.
- Supervise the financial management of a unit against given requirements.
- Compile a personal assets and liabilities statement.
- Analyse the basic elements of a balance sheet.
- Use the evidence in financial statements to make a financial decision.
- Analyse the basic elements of an income and expenditure statement.
Get crunching those numbers now and enrol on BOTI’s Finance for non finance managers course.
Benefits of attending: Finance for non-Finance managers course
Upon successful completion of this course you will have grasped the key concepts of managerial finance and enhanced your knowledge and skills in the following areas:
- Understand and apply budgeting and forecasting to the strategic planning process.
- Understand and apply the accounting conventions which include consistency, going concern, prudence,, realization, disclosure, objectivity and matching.
- Apply accounting conventions in the financial management of a unit.
- Understand and develop financial reports including audit reports, income statement, cash flow statement and balance sheet.
- Interpret financial statements where they are analysed using data sources which have been identified and evaluated in terms of authenticity and accuracy.
- Measure profitability and liquidity of an entity using ratios.
- Measure working capital and asset utilization of an entity using ratios.
- Measure return ratios such as return on equity (ROE), return on investment (ROI) and debt ratio.
- Make recommendations based on the results of measuring return ratios regarding profitability in terms of liquidity, working capital, returns and resource utilization by an entity.
- Prepare financial forecasts in line with standard operating procedures taking into account relevant factors.
- Draft and formulate budgets in line with standard operating procedures.
- Analyse the basic elements of an income and expenditure statement in terms of different types of financial statements including business (close corporates, listed companies, partnerships, public entities, SMMEs and sole proprietorships), personal, organisations (clubs, churches, etc.)
- Analyse and evaluate the basic elements of a balance sheet in terms of equity or financial net worth.
Who is this course suitable for?
This course is aimed at supervisors, team leaders and managers who are seeking to improve their financial management skills.
This Unit Standard course is aligned to Unit Standard 252040: Manage the finances of a unit and 117156: Interpret basic financial statements
Testimonials from similar courses
- ‘I now have a much better understanding of interpreting financial figures and where they originate from. What went well for me was the flexibility of the facilitator and that it was customized for my sector. The best thing about this course is that it addressed all my concerns. Thank you to Ernest for being an amazing facilitator!’ Participant, Curro Klerksdorp
- ‘I enormously benefited by comprehending bookkeeping, financial statements, budgeting and fundamentals of financial reporting. I am enlightened with basic concepts and theories related to financial matters and day to day financial transactions of corporate matters. The best thing about this course was that I was given customized, personalized attention by the facilitator and ….’ Participant, Curro Klerksdorp
Public Course Schedule and Costs
Please click on link below for related public course/s: