Trusted Training Partners
Quick Look Course Summary:Creative Problem Solving and critical thinking course
Next Public Course Date:
Length: 2 day(s)
Price (at your venue): 1 Person R 8,150.00 EX VAT 3 Person R 6,002.83 EX VAT 10 Person R 4,384.88 EX VAT
Certification Type:Service Seta Accredited
Locations & Venues: Off-site or in-house. We train in all major city centres throughout South Africa.
Get Free & personalised
Think Creatively & Solve The Problem: Course Introduction
- You will dig this course. Yes, literally, you will be digging….for problems!
- During your career, every manager will discover that certain things may go awry that are completely unanticipated and more often than not lie beyond the realms of control.
- Yet, often, the root causes may not be immediately obvious and various aspects of the project may need to be investigated in order to establish where problems may have occurred and how to rectify them in order to get things back on track.
The purpose of this course is to:
- help you to become an expert interrogator and investigator of problems and to get you into the right space that enables you to excel at applying creative thinking to problem solving.
- learn how to suitably investigate and accurately define the problem and from there how to generate appropriate solutions.
- be taken through the steps of how to go about implementing the required solutions as well as how to evaluate their overall effectiveness in terms of achieving excellence.
Interrogate and identify……the problem that is. Then get digging and solve and you will discover how to:
- Thoroughly investigate the problem.
- Define the problem.
- Generate problem solutions.
- Implement solutions.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of solutions.
- Involve various stakeholders in problem solving process.
- Effectively use problem solving techniques.
- Involve stakeholders prior to implementing solutions in order to obtain commitment.
Benefits of attending: Creative Problem Solving and critical thinking course
Upon successful completion of this course you will have acquired the necessary skills to effectively apply critical thinking to problem solving and will have become proficient in the following areas:
- Define the problem in line with verified information.
- Understand what constitutes verified information including facts and opinions whether positive or negative, future implications of no action and emotions.
- Consult with stakeholders and role-players to ensure that they contribute to the various stages of the problem-solving process.
- Explore techniques in the formulation of the problem definition according to theory and practice and select a technique in line with the problem context.
- Investigate the problem to ascertain the various components.
- Obtain further information as required and critically examine in terms of relevance to the problem.
- Develop problem solutions using a range of problem solving techniques including the Delphi Technique, Mapping, Computer Modelling, Observation, Questionnaires, Experiments, Brainstorming and other creative thinking techniques.
- Identify and assign appropriate weightings to criteria to enable ranking of proposed solutions in terms of feasibility, time, cost, resource implications, stakeholder commitment and logistics.
- Evaluate possible solutions against established criteria in order to determine suitability.
- Implement the most viable solutions in accordance with given criteria.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the solution in terms of the problem definition and apply corrective action where necessary.
Who is this course suitable for?
This course is aimed at supervisors, team leaders and managers who are interested in learning about business problem solving techniques and seeking to broaden their management skills.
This Unit Standard course is aligned to Unit Standard 242817: Solve problems, make decisions and implement solutions
Don’t delay. Skill up at BOTi today.