Quick Look Course Summary:Empower yourself with Essential Conflict Management Skills
Next Public Course Date:
Length: 2 day(s)
Price (at your venue): 1 Person R 10,615.00 EX VAT 3 Person R 6,434.81 EX VAT 10 Person R 4,214.39 EX VAT
Certification Type:Service Seta Accredited
Locations & Venues: Off-site or in-house. We train in all major city centres throughout South Africa.
Get Free & personalised
Empower yourself with Essential Conflict Management Skills
Every manager needs to be aware that conflict can arise within every team at any given point in time.
This is especially the case when:
- the pressure is on;
- deadlines are tight; and
- projects and tasks are difficult to manage.
Conflict situations can arise as a result of personal and professional differences alike and with both internal and external stakeholders.
The trick is to learn how to devise the right kind of strategy that will help you to deal with conflict situations both, down and across, that is dealing with conflict with superiors as well as conflict within your team and other stakeholders involved with the tasks.
This course aims to equip you with the skills and techniques that are necessary to enable you to effectively identify and minimize conflict situations.
You will learn how to formulate a strategy that will enable your working relationships with all stakeholders to stay healthy so that you can get on with the task of getting the job done.
You step up your game when you Conquer conflict. Let us help:
- Identify and minimize personal conflict within a unit.
- Devise and apply a suitable strategy that will enable you to establish constructive relationships with your superiors and team members.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders.
- Understand conflict with respect to personal & professional differences.
- Differentiate between personal feelings and the actual problem.
Benefits of attending: Empower yourself with Essential Conflict Management Skills course
Upon successful completion of this course you will be able to:
- Identify and create networking opportunities with internal as well as external stakeholders.
- Identify opportunities for effective networking, attend meetings with a view to instituting new and mutually beneficial contacts.
- Investigate ways to communicate with stakeholders and implement relevant strategies for the mutual benefit of all parties.
- In line with policies and procedures keep managers informed of all activities and report on progress and results using verbal or written feedback.
- Establish a process to acquire and exchange information and seek advice in consultation with the overall management team.
- Raise concerns directly with relevant managers over quality of work.
- Present clear and accurate information quickly.
- Communicate information around the procedures for dealing with conflict.
- Implement action plans in order to resolve actual and potential conflict.
- Escalate conflict situation to appropriate managerial staff if required.
- Develop and establish constructive relationships with team members.
- Capitalize on opportunities to discuss work-related as well as personal issues.
- Offer feedback and advice in a positive manner.
- Keep team members informed.
Who is this course suitable for?
This course is aimed at supervisors, team leaders and managers who manage a team and are interested in learning about how to deal with conflict in the workplace.
Testimonials from similar courses
- “I have learnt more about myself, my skills and how to make some positive changes. I did not expect the course to be so informative and positive and inspiring. I feel like a different person. For me, the course was more than what I expected, so I would not change anything. The facilitator was amazing.” Melissa Bester – Aveng Grinkaker-LTA Mechanical & Electrical.
- “Through interactions and discussions I learnt the importance of good leadership in taking an organization forward. What went well for me was the fact that the training was very interactive thus allowing every individual to voice their opinions on matters. The best thing about this course was the manner in which it was presented, it was very practical. Thank you very much Jaini for opening my eyes on a lot of issues, this has been very beneficial training.”Michelle Selo – Department of Economic, Small Business, Development & Environmental Affairs
- “Eye opening – equipping participants with the knowledge and skills necessary.” Masheleng Motsoane – Ministry of Agri and Food Security
This Unit Standard course is aligned to Unit Standard 252027: Devise and apply strategies to establish and maintain workplace relationships
Public Course Schedule and Costs
Please click on link below for related public course/s:
There are no upcoming events at this time.