Trusted Training Partners
Quick Look Course Summary:Load Shedding Training
Next Public Course Date:
Length: 2 day(s)
Price (at your venue): 1 Person R 8,150.00 EX VAT 3 Person R 6,453.04 EX VAT 10 Person R 4,713.75 EX VAT
Locations & Venues: Off-site or in-house. We train in all major city centres throughout South Africa.
Get Free & personalised
Beat the dark and stay productive during load shedding
Due to permanent load shedding, South Africans have reached a point where everyone is literally fed up with being constantly left in the dark. And, over the past year, we have gone from wearing masks to using thermos flasks. Yet, despite growing frustrations and exacerbating disruptions caused by recurring power outages on a daily basis; with no sign of relief in sight, the reality is that load shedding has now become a permanent feature of the South African way of life.
Especially in a world driven by technology, and with a consistent loss of power often several times a day, it is difficult to cope when you are trying your best to get your work done. But, power loss doesn’t always have to mean a total loss of productivity or that one needs to shut one’s doors. Alternatives can be put in place to beat the hours of darkness and there are ways to use dark downtime constructively.
Alternative power supplies
- Solar Power
- UPS (Uninterrupted Power Supply) devices
Staying up and running
- Planning around the load shedding schedules
- Staying connected: keeping the Internet running during load shedding
- Keeping your WiFi running during load shedding
- Using a mobile WiFi dongle (MiFi)
- Implementing cloud-based technologies
- Backing up your data
- Working remotely during load shedding
- ‘Load shedding hopping’
- Employee shift work around the load shedding schedules
Managing and adapting to change
- Stress Management
- Time Management
- Anger Management
- Plan your work – work your plan
- Keeping people motivated and keeping employee morale high during load shedding
- Mental health tips for keeping calm during load shedding
- Dealing with loss of planning when load shedding schedules keep changing
- Preventing damage to equipment due to power surges
- Dealing with security issues: digital security systems and firewalls
- Keeping batteries charged
- Dealing with heavy traffic
Who is this course suitable for?
This course is suitable for anyone that is interested in maximising their potentials during load shedding.
Don’t delay. Skill up at BOTi today.