Trusted Training Partners
Quick Look Course Summary:Assessor Skills Training Course
Next Public Course Date:
Length: 3 day(s)
Price (at your venue): 1 Person R 16,700.00 EX VAT 3 Person R 11,644.28 EX VAT 10 Person R 7,836.00 EX VAT
Certification Type:SETA Accredited
Locations & Venues: Off-site or in-house. We train in all major city centres throughout South Africa.
Get Free & personalised
- Using pre-designed assessment instruments, the Assessor Skills Training course has been specifically designed to teach you how to assess whether another individual is competent within a specific discipline.
- The Assessor Skills Training course is a SAQA unit standard aligned course and is an all-inclusive programme that deals with outcomes-based learning and covers best practice requirements for assessing learning outcomes.
- This unit standard is suitable for those who wish to attain accreditation to conduct assessments within their specific areas of expertise and contributes towards a range of qualifications that fall within the fields of Human Resource Development and Education Training and Development Practices.
This practical course will enable you to perform valid assessments in a fair, practicable and reliable manner in the absence of any bias or discrimination and geared towards the three groups that have been identified for redress in terms of gender, race and disability.
Become a skilled Assessor when you enrol now on BOTI’s Assessor Skills Training Course. BOTI offers business training programmes across South Africa.
Unit Standard Number: 115753
NQF Level: 05
Become a skilled Assessor when you learn:
Acquire an Understanding of Outcomes-based Assessment: Module 1
Upon completion of this module, you will be able to demonstrate an understanding of:
- What an outcomes-based assessment entails
- Assessment methods
- The Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) process
- The key principles involved in the assessment process
- How to give feedback on assessment results
How to prepare for assessments: Module 2
The successful completion of this module will enable you to prepare the required resources involved in the assessment process with a focus on:
- Preparing for assessment in terms of the requirements for the assessment in question
- Informing all relevant parties involved in the particular assessment
- Completing all of the necessary pre-assessment moderation requirements
- Clearly articulating assessment details to learners
- Obtaining learner input
- Validating learner readiness in terms of assessment
How to conduct assessments: Module 3
Upon successful completion of this module, you will be able to effectively conduct assessments by making use of assessment practices that are safe and fair in terms of:
- Best approach assessment practices
- Using the assessment design and plan in carrying out assessments
- The effective use of questioning techniques that provoke applicable responses in gaining appropriate evidence
- Consistency when judging assessments
- Making sure that records pertaining to the assessment are aligned to the quality assurance system
How to provide effective feedback on assessments: Module 4
The successful completion of this module will enable you to provide effective assessment feedback to pertinent parties in the relevant sequence and within stipulated timeframes. You will have learned how to:
- Provide appropriate feedback to all parties involved in the assessment process
- Articulate feedback that is clear and specific
- Use the correct approach in giving feedback
- Elicit learner feedback around the assessment process
- Appropriately address any disputes and/or appeals that may arise
- Accurately record any agreements that have been entered into
How to review assessments: Module 5
Once this module is successfully complete, you will be able to review assessments with a view to demonstrating competence in being able to identify strengths and weaknesses present within the instruments and processes being used. Therefore, you will skillfully be able to apply yourself towards:
- Accurately reviewing the assessment
- Analysing feedback with a view to using it to inform future assessments
- Identifying weaknesses present in the assessment design as well as the assessment process
- Identifying weaknesses present in the assessment due to outcomes and criteria that have been inadequately defined
Benefits of attending the Assessor Skills Training Course
Upon successful completion of this SAQA Accredited course, you will have acquired in-depth knowledge and an overall understanding of what is involved in the Assessment Process. This course will therefore enable you to:
- Achieve recognition towards a number of different qualifications within the fields of Education Training and Development and Human Resource Development and enhance your employment opportunities within these fields
- Take on the role of Assessor on behalf of your company, and saving costs on external training in the process
- Earn additional income by performing assessments on behalf of third parties
Who is this course suitable for?
This course is aimed at individuals who are seeking to improve their knowledge and understanding of the Assessment Process with a view to furthering their ambitions within the fields of Education Training and Development and Human Resource Development.
This Unit Standard course is aligned to Unit Standard 115753: Conduct outcomes based assessment
Don’t Delay – Get on Course Now!
|QUALIFICATIONS UTILISING THIS UNIT STANDARD:|
|Core||50334||National Certificate: Occupationally Directed Education Training and Development Practices||Level 5||Level TBA: Pre-2009 was L5||Reregistered||2023-06-30||ETDP SETA|