- This event has passed.
Developing your Interpersonal Skills to Effectively Resolve Conflict , Cape Town
November 25, 2020 @ 8:00 am - November 26, 2020 @ 5:00 pm
Course fees, including VAT, reduce as you send more delegates; for example:
Developing your Interpersonal Skills to Effectively Resolve Conflict
Conflict situations will often arise in the workplace whether we like it or not. Many people shy away from conflict for fear that they do not have the required skills to deal with the negative emotions involved. Learning how to effectively deal with conflict using communication and negotiation skills can help minimize negative feelings and dispel differences based on personal rather than professional disputes. Not to say that people do not experience conflict as a result of professional differences, indeed they do. Yet, it is important to understand the difference between conflict as a result of differing opinions and undesirable actions as opposed to conflict with another person.
This enlightening course will help you to understand the different types of conflict situations that happen in the workplace, why conflict occurs and the difference between feelings and the problem itself. You will also learn appropriate communication techniques used in conflict resolution and methods of dealing with conflict situations.
Let’s talk about it. You will learn how to:
- Recognise the difference between feelings and actual problem (contents)
- Handle and resolve a conflict in the workplace
- Demonstrate an understanding of different conflict situations in the workplace
- Demonstrate an understanding of the reasons why conflict occurs
- Demonstrate an understanding of the different techniques used in resolving conflict
- Understand different behaviours of people in a conflict situation
- Understand one’s own behaviour in a conflict situation
- Understand the different types of conflicts.
Benefits of attending: Developing your Interpersonal Skills to Effectively Resolve Conflict course
Upon successful completion of this course you will have mastered the techniques involved in effectively resolving conflict and will have developed your skills in the following areas:
- Understand the commonly occurring conflicts that occur in the South African workplace.
- Understand and describe with examples the various types of conflict situations that arise in the workplace.
- Understand the reasons why conflict occurs in the workplace and the various role players involved.
- Understand the difference between feelings and the actual problem when dealing with conflict taking into account the behaviors of different people involved in a conflict situation.
- Analyse one’s own behavior and feelings and appropriately assess resulting impact when dealing with a conflict situation.
- Assess the reaction process in a conflict situation when attempting to solve the problem.
- Identify and implement methods of resolving conflict.
- Handle and resolve conflict using various methods identified.
- Identify a conflict situation and communicate in such s manner that the conflict can be constructively resolved.
Who is this course suitable for?
This course is aimed at supervisors, team leaders and managers who manage a team and are interested in learning about how to deal with conflict in the workplace.
This Unit Standard course is aligned to Unit Standard 9533: Use communication skills to handle and resolve conflict in the workplace
Public Course Schedule and Costs
Please click on link below for related public course/s: