Trusted Training Partners
Quick Look Course Summary:Professional Receptionist Training
Next Public Course Date:
Length: 2 day(s)
Price (at your venue): 1 Person R 10,615.00 EX VAT 3 Person R 6,434.81 EX VAT 10 Person R 4,214.39 EX VAT
Certification Type:Seta Accredited
Locations & Venues: Off-site or in-house. We train in all major city centres throughout South Africa.
Get Free & personalised
Professional Receptionist Training
At any given point in time during normal office hours you simply never know who next might walk through the door; and whether or not any of these individuals could be of strategic importance or even a threat to the organization – for all you know the next person to enter the premises could be a client or customer, a potential employee, a person with criminal intentions or even a spy from a competitor organization. First impressions make lasting ones and to create a good impression of your business you need to have good security measures in place, a tidy and presentable waiting area, clean facilities and a professional and welcoming manner when dealing with the public at large.
The purpose of this course is to help you manage your reception area so as to ensure that it is clean and safe as per organizational standards as well as to see that the general presentation of the reception area is in line with corporate policies and branding. You will also learn how to monitor and control stationery requirements.
Roll out the red carpet and make good first impressions of your reception area lasting ones when you learn how to:
- Monitor the presentation of the reception area.
- Monitor the implementation of security procedures in the reception area.
- Monitor the maintenance of a clean and safe reception area as per organizational requirements.
- Answer the telephone in a professional manner.
- Deal with visitors in a professional manner.
- Manage mail deliveries.
- Manage hospitality.
- Take messages and relay to appropriate individuals in a professional manner.
Benefits of attending: Professional receptionist training course
Upon successful completion of this course you will have acquired an in-depth understanding of how to manage a reception area and will have developed your skills in the following areas:
- Monitoring the maintenance of a clean and safe reception area as per organizational requirements.
- Implementation of housekeeping standards in line with workplace policy.
- Understanding the importance of ensuring that housekeeping operations are maintained so as to ensure that there are no disruptions to operational services.
- Identify areas that do not meet the required standards and record for possible remedial action.
- Maintain presentation of reception area according to organizational standards.
- Identify areas of non-conformance in terms of presentation and record for possible remedial action.
- Monitor the implementation of and consistent availability of security procedures in the reception area.
- Attend to visitors’ cards and permits and ensure consistent security measures are in place with security personnel.
- Monitor and maintain firearm procedures in line with workplace policy.
- Report and rectify discrepancies and problems to ensure safety of the workplace.
Who is this course suitable for?
This course is aimed at individuals involved in secretarial or administrative functions who are required to maintain a dedicated reception area.
This Unit Standard course is aligned to Unit Standard 13928: Monitor and control reception area
Goitsemeng Mothupi – Famous Brands Management Co. (Pty) Ltd
‘I really gained more experience. I learned how to treat an angry customer and how to handle difficult people. The facilitator was very friendly which I enjoyed because I understood everything. I was happy about everything.’
Tsitsi Mwarira – Famous Brands Management Co. (Pty) Ltd
‘Some of the things that I thought were wrong were proved correct. Most of the things that I wanted to know were clearly explained. The best thing about this course was learning how to take care of customers and how to control your emotions.’
Public Course Schedule and Costs
Please click on link below for related public course/s:
There are no upcoming events at this time. You might also enjoy: Events Management Expertise