Trusted Training Partners
Quick Look Course Summary:Essential Time Management Skills
Next Public Course Date:
Length: 2 day(s)
Price (at your venue): 1 Person R 11,600.00 EX VAT 3 Person R 8,107.93 EX VAT 10 Person R 5,569.08 EX VAT
Certification Type:Service Seta Accredited
Locations & Venues: Off-site or in-house. We train in all major city centres throughout South Africa.
Get Free & personalised
Essential Time Management Skills
The Course of Time is of the essence..
- And in today’s fast-paced workplace where the speed of technology and the speed of demand against the pressures of supply rule the game and us mere humans seem to be having a hard time keeping up with the need for speed in an increasingly demanding economy where we often wish that things we just slow down a little; ……..
- We don’t always have the luxury of time!
- And we find ourselves out of breath just reading this long sentence, which was purposely written this way to prove our case in point!
So, let’s not waste any more time. The clock is ticking.
The material presented in this course will get you fast on your heels to enable you to efficiently manage teams and processes with a focus on translating strategic intent into effective daily action in line with the principles of time management.
Take time out to learn:
- The principles of time management.
- How to identify time management profiles.
- How to implement time efficient work plans.
- Techniques to assist you in drawing up time efficient work plans to carry out department/ division/section work functions.
- How to create a work/life balance.
- How to identify the top time wasters that impact an organisation’s productivity levels with a view to minimizing their negative influence.
- How to identify external forces that affect time utilization.
- How to delegate effectively in maximizing time utilization.
Public Course Schedule and Costs
Benefits of attending: Essential Time Management Skills course
Upon successful completion of this course you will have invested valuable time in improving your time management skills and will have become proficient at:
- Identify weaknesses in current work processes in terms of poor time management.
- Identify the external forces that affect time utilization and understand their effects on the business.
- Understanding the principles of time management to enable greater efficiencies.
- Understanding the 80/20 principle in identifying key tasks.
- Delegation as a means of the correct use of time and human resources and understanding the implications of good and bad practices around time management.
- Prioritising as a technique to manage the work of a team, group or section is explored in relation to the specific group and a decision is taken as to which tasks take greater priority for the group in terms of urgency requirements.
- Understanding the principle of balance between the various aspects of one’s life as it pertains to allocating time to each task and effectively establishing a work-life balance.
- Develop time-efficient work plans to carry out department/division work functions and tasks.
- Understanding and clearly defining organizational objectives in terms of the work that needs to be carried out by the department, division or section.
- Translating objectives into work plans.
- Identifying the key activities required to complete a specific project and analyzing tasks and work procedures so that they may be assigned to a specific time frame.
- Developing plans that eliminate and/or manage time wasters.
- Implementation of time efficient work plans.
Who is this course suitable for?
This course is aimed at executives involved in the leadership and management of teams.
Prior learning requirements and qualification criteria
This SAQA Accredited Unit Standard Course is part of the Further Education and Training Certificate in Generic Management NQF Level 05. Learning assumed to be in place: learners should hold a Further Education and Training Certificate and/or should be competent in communication and mathematical literacy at NQF Level 04.
This Unit Standard course is aligned to Unit Standard 15234: Apply efficient time management to the work of a department/division/section.