This comprehensive course (Management And Leadership Development Training Course) enables managers to do the following:
- It will enable learners to gain insight into the role of leadership within a work context, and thus providing them with the skills and knowledge to add value to one’s job
- Explaining the concept of leadership.
- Differentiating between leadership and management.
- Analysing and comparing leadership theories.
- Applying the different roles and qualities of leadership in a work context.
- Recognising team member performance.
- Encouraging participation in decision-making.
- Delegating tasks.
- Reviewing decisions and the progress with delegated tasks.
(Management And Leadership Development Training)
Johannesburg (Sandton), Cape Town, Durban, Port Elizabeth, Pretoria – South Africa)
Management and Leadership Development is key to operating effectively in a work environment. This is to ensure that the organisation enhances its strategic position
The outcomes of the course (Management And Leadership Development Training Course) include:
- Explain the concept of leadership. Various definitions of leadership are identified and explained with examples in the workplace. The roles and qualities of a leader are explained using examples. Qualities of a leader should include at least five examples but are not limited to humaneness, empathy, objectivity, transparency, accountability, responsibility, honesty, integrity, assertiveness, consistency, reference to historical and present leaders. Leadership roles include but are not limited to being a visionary, motivating self and others, creating synergies, facilitating a developmental environment, being an innovator, being creative.
- Differentiate between leadership and management. Leadership and management are defined and differentiated using examples. The roles and qualities of a leader are differentiated and compared with those of a manager in a work context. The concepts of accountability and responsibility pertaining to a leader and manager are discussed and explained in terms of advantages and disadvantages in the work place.
- Analyse leadership theories. At least four different leadership theories must be identified and analysed.
- The various theories of leadership are identified and discussed in a work context. Trends and developments relating to the different leadership theories are examined with examples. The various leadership theories are justified in terms of advantages and disadvantages.
- Apply the different roles and qualities of leadership in a work context. The roles and qualities within leadership contexts are analysed with examples. The leadership style of selected leaders are analysed in order to determine its effect in a context.
- Recognise team member performance. The role, duties and responsibilities of each team member in the section/division/department. Team members are told what they do well, what needs improvement and what is expected in the future. All feedback is measured against performance expectations. Feedback is given properly.
- Encourage participation in decision-making. Team members are included in division/section/department decision-making and are encouraged to think of solutions to the problem being as innovative as possible.
- Delegate tasks. The work plan or task is analysed and broken down into smaller tasks. The delegated tasks must be clearly communicated to employees indicating what is expected, how it must be done and where to get help, if necessary.
- Review decisions and performance of delegated tasks. Decisions taken are reviewed in small-group and/or whole group situations to decide on their success in reaching the stated objectives. Correct decisions are confirmed and incorrect decisions are rescinded or amended so as to enable the objectives to be met.
Delivery Method (Management And Leadership Development Training)
- One-day Instructor Led classroom based training
- Strong delegate participation and practical application of theory
Our objective is to ensure that the acquired tools and knowledge are user friendly and easily applied in the workplace.
All delegates will receive (Innovation & Creative Thinking Training)
- Material, refreshments (lunch, tea), after training assistance for 3 months (Management And Leadership Development Training Course)
- Memory stick (with relevant tools and models that can be easily accessed when applied back at work) (Management And Leadership Development Training Course)
Management And Leadership Development Training Course is an essential skill.
Please Phone Us Now To Speak to One of Our Friendly Consultants
Please Fill in the Form – We Will Get Back to You Within 15 minutes