Trusted Training Partners
Quick Look Course Summary:Coaching and Mentoring Skills Training Course
Next Public Course Date:
Length: 3 day(s)
Price (at your venue): 1 Person R 16,700.00 EX VAT 3 Person R 11,644.28 EX VAT 10 Person R 7,836.00 EX VAT
Certification Type:SETA Accredited
Locations & Venues: Off-site or in-house. We train in all major city centres throughout South Africa.
Get Free & personalised
This unit standard course is ideal for those who are required to perform coaching and mentoring in respect of:
- On-the-job one-on-one training
- Conducting a training session
- Monitoring and reporting on the progress of learners
- Conducting a training review
Develop your coaching and mentoring skills when you enrol now on BOTI’s Coaching and Mentoring Skills Training Course. BOTI offers business training programmes across South Africa.
Unit Standard Number: 117877
NQF Level: 03
Develop your coaching and mentoring skills when you learn:
How to prepare for on-the-job one-on-one training: Module 1
Upon successful completion of this module you will effectively be able to:
- Review Learner task performance in terms of performance objectives.
- Pinpoint Learning needs of Learner in line with
- Learner task performance
- Learning objectives/outcomes
- Objectives relating to various stakeholders
- Acquire an understanding of the importance of the preparation process with regards to the requirements and responsibilities of the various stakeholders.
- Formulate the training plan outline and structure in consultation with applicable stakeholders and subject matter experts.
- Co-ordinate the appropriate resources, suitable locations and specialist staff involved in the set-up.
- Prepare the learning environment in terms of ensuring the require accessibility and in line with Occupational Health and Safety legislative requirements and organisational requirements.
- Establish criteria for review with applicable participants.
How to conduct a training session: Module 2
Once you have successfully completed this module you will be able to:
- Grasp the concept of learning outcomes.
- Understand what is involved in a sequence of activities.
- Grasp the idea of job applicability.
- Understand what is involved in the assessment process.
- Understand the meaning of outcomes-based education and training (OBET).
- Use language appropriately in terms of correct pitching levels and appropriate media.
- How to determine and explore Learner requirements in terms of understanding the importance of providing adequate opportunities for practical applications.
- Conduct a training session in line with specific objectives/outcomes.
- Monitor Learner progress and implement changes where required.
- Monitor performance against agreed to outcomes/objectives.
- Implement compliance measures in terms of performance.
- Identify strengths and weaknesses by applying constructive feedback.
- Report on the training as it pertains to the quality assurance requirements of the organisation.
- Establish Learner readiness in terms of formal assessment.
How to monitor and accurately report on Learner progress: Module 3
Successfully completing this module will gain you the ability to:
- Provide accurate reporting in terms of Learner progress.
- Relate specific examples of actual performance against agreed to performance outcomes in determining Learner progress.
How to conduct a Training Review: Module 4
Once you have successfully completed this module you will have gained an understanding of how to:
- Understand the impact of training by evaluating feedback from the various stakeholders.
- How to make any necessary recommendations or suggestions for improvement by analysing the Training Review.
- How to use the Training Review to make any necessary recommendations or suggestions for improvement in terms of planning future training initiatives/interventions.
Benefits of attending the Coaching and Mentoring Skills Training Course
Upon successful completion of this SAQA Accredited course, you will have acquired in-depth knowledge and an overall understanding of what is involved in the Coaching and Mentoring Process. This course will therefore enable you to:
- Achieve recognition towards a number of different qualifications within the fields of Education Training and Development and Human Resource Development and enhance your employment opportunities within these fields
- Take on the role of Coach and Mentor on behalf of your company, and saving costs on external training in the process
- Earn additional income by performing coaching and mentoring services on behalf of third parties
Who is this course suitable for?
This course is aimed at individuals who are seeking to improve their knowledge and understanding of the Coaching and Mentoring Process with a view to furthering their ambitions within the fields of Education Training and Development and Human Resource Development.
This Unit Standard course is aligned to Unit Standard 117877: Perform one-to-one training on the job
Don’t Delay – Get on Course Now!
|QUALIFICATIONS UTILISING THIS UNIT STANDARD:|
|Core||50334||National Certificate: Occupationally Directed Education Training and Development Practices||Level 5||Level TBA: Pre-2009 was L5||Reregistered||2023-06-30||ETDP SETA|