People Management: Labour Relations & Law, Employment Equity
Introduction: Labour Relations and Law and Employment Equity
Understand how to best manage an organization’s most important assets: its people.
This course is intended for employees of South African companies. The course sets out Labour Laws and Labour Legislation in South Africa. The course covers the current legislation and past changes to the Labour Law. Apart from discipline, it also deals with skills to manage people; including performance evaluation, recruitment and selection. At the end of the course participants will have a general overview of the laws and the Codes of Good Practice and people management.
The program has a day dedicated to employment equity training. Delegates will be able to describe transformation legislation and will understand the rights and responsibilities of employers and employees.
Course Benefits: People Management: Labour Relations & Law, Employment Equity
The advantage of attending this course include:
- Improve the effectiveness of your work force, through proper recruitment and performance management.
- Understand and apply Labour Laws correctly.
- Improve relations with trade unions and individual employees.
- Ensure that the orginization does not break any laws and regulations.
- Understanding employment equity to comply with laws and improve your BBBEE scorecard.
Course Outline: People Management: Labour Relations & Law, Employment Equity
Day 1 & 2:Labour Law and Good Practices
- Formulating performance standards for team members in a unit.
- Establishing systems for monitoring performance of team members.
- Preparing for a performance review of a team member.
- Demonstrating an understanding of the monitoring, enforcement and legal proceedings as set out in the Basic Conditions of Employment Act.
- Conducting performance review interviews.
- Planning and preparing for recruitment and selection
- Recruiting applicants.
- Selecting staff.
- Effectively handling hearings and reaching reasoned decisions on the basis of evidence presented.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the purpose, application of the Basic Conditions of Employment Act.
- Describing the regulation of working time and leave as set out in the Basic Conditions of Employment Act.
- Describing the particulars of employment, remuneration and termination of employment as set out in the Basic Conditions of Employment Act.
Day 3: Employment Equity Fundamentals
- The History of Learning in South Africa.
- Transformational Legislation: Linking Skills Development to Legislation; Compliance and Ethics.
- Statutory Reporting.
- Employment Equity: Statutory Responsibilities – Reporting and Compliance; Setting up an Employment Equity Committee; Monitor and Evaluate Implementation.
- Construct an EE Blueprint for your Organization.
- Reporting on the Implementation of EE.
Course Duration: People Management: Labour Relations & Law, Employment Equity
Who should attend: People Management: Labour Relations & Law, Employment Equity:
- CFOs, CEOs, COOs.
- Departmental Heads.
- Legal Practitioners.
- This course is intended for HR managers.
- New Managers, Middle Management, Senior/Executive Managers.
- Anyone who needs to manage employees and labor relations.
People Management: Labour Relations & Law, Employment Equity: Course Duration
Upcoming Public Courses
Please click on link below for related public course/s:
Human Resources and Labour Legislation
There are no upcoming events at this time.
Please Phone Us Now To Speak to One of Our Friendly Consultants
Please Fill in the Form – We Will Get Back to You Within 15 minutes
Please Email Us Now – We Will Get Back to You Within 15 minutes