Critical Thinking – Introduction
In South Africa as in the rest of the world, critical thinking is an essential skill to succeed in a number of spheres of life. This article describes what critical thinking is? How critical thinking helps.
Critical Thinking – Definition
According to Critical Thinking Community:
“Critical thinking is the intellectually disciplined process of actively and skillfully conceptualizing, applying, analyzing, synthesizing, and/or evaluating information gathered from, or generated by, observation, experience, reflection, reasoning, or communication, as a guide to belief and action. In its exemplary form, it is based on universal intellectual values that transcend subject matter divisions: clarity, accuracy, precision, consistency, relevance, sound evidence, good reasons, depth, breadth, and fairness.”
Critical Thinking – Advantage
A good critical thinker:
- raises key questions and issues, sets them out clearly and precisely;
- thinks open-mindedly within alternative systems of thought, recognizing and assessing, as need be, their assumptions, implications, and practical consequences; and
- gathers and assesses relevant information, using abstract ideas to interpret it effectively comes to well-reasoned conclusions and solutions, testing them against relevant criteria and standards;
- communicates effectively with others in figuring out solutions to complex problems.
Clearly the above skills assist one in the business world and everyday life.
Critical Thinking – Training
Critical thinking is a key skill to have. Training courses that support and are associated with this skill include:
- Problem Solving and Decision Making Training
- Interpersonal Skills Course
- Conflict Management & Negotiation Skills Training – dealing with conflict is a key skill.
- Finance for Non-Financial Managers – without finance, there is no business.
- Management And Leadership Development
- Presentation Mastery for Managers
- Stress Management
- Effective Business Writing and Communication Skills
- Rapport Training
The above courses are offered in Johannesburg (Sandton), Durban, Pretoria, Cape Town, Port Elizabeth
BOTI offers a range of courses in Johannesburg (Sandton), Durban, Pretoria, Cape Town, Port Elizabeth
Please Phone Us Now To Speak to One of Our Friendly Consultants
Please Fill in the Form – We Will Get Back to You Within 15 minutes