Supply chain management (SCM) is “the systemic, strategic coordination of the traditional business functions and the tactics across these business functions within a particular company and across businesses within the supply chain, for the purposes of improving the long term performance of the individual companies and the supply chain as a whole.” It has also been defined as the “design, planning, execution, control, and monitoring of supply chain activities with the objective of creating net value, building a competitive infrastructure, leveraging worldwide logistics, synchronizing supply with demand and measuring performance globally. Our Procurement Supply Chain Management Training Course assists delegates in understanding these concepts and more technical matters and thus can be considered as Procurement training for beginners and Advanced levels .
Managers are often faced with a number of highly technical and complex decisions and procedures in the supply chain area. Corporate governance, strict adherence to polices and high levels of ethics are required for effective supply chain management. A Detailed knowledge of Government Procurement Regulations and related technicalities is also required (i.e. Public Procurement Training Courses) Thus, there is a demand for a broad range of procurement training for beginners to an advanced level.
Upon successful completion of this course you will have achieved the following learning outcomes:
- Understand the meaning and aim of SCM
- Understand applicable legislation and other related policy initiatives that guide SCM in the public sector
- Ensure that necessary checks are undertaken to ensure that the bidders are not prohibited
- Prepare and plan for the bidding process
- Establish a functional Demand Management, Demand pPanning course in South Africa. Demand Planning is a multi-layered and integrated forecasting process to determine the optimal level of inventory. Thus lowering inventory level and improving profitability. Demand Planning courses in South Africa specifically take this into account.
- Understand ethics and the code of conduct for bid adjudication committees and supply chain practitioners
- Understand general conditions for contract (GCC) simplified
- Understand alignment of preferential procurement with the aims of BBBEEA.
- Understand that when it comes to Public Procurement Training Courses, in South Africa we have to specifically consider the PFMA Act and the Preferential Procurement Regulations, 2017, issued by the National Treasury. Main changes introduced by the revised Preferential Procurement Regulations relate to the importance of B-BBEE in the procurement process (Public Procurement Training Courses). For all transactions up to R50 m, B-BBEE will now play a much more important role. BOTI offers courses dedicated to tendering.
- Understand pre-qualification and qualification, adjudication, summarization, specification, responsibility of tender committee, RFPs, RFQs, andRFI etc.
- Appointing of service providers
- Understand threshold values for procurement of goods and services by means of petty cash, verbal/written price quotation and competitive bids.
- Manage shortages of human resources in SCM
- Understand service level and performance management process
- Understand procurement in construction projects
This 2 day course has a strong focus on an outcomes based approach and is presented to encourage group participation and involvement. Key mechanisms used include:
- Practical relevant exercises
- Speeches and presentations
- Team sessions
- Practical demonstrations
- Case examples
All delegates will receive
- Material and refreshments
- Memory stick with relevant tools and models that can be easily accessed when applied at the workplace
Upcoming Public Courses
Please click on link below for related public course/s:There are no upcoming events at this time.
These types of Purchasing and Procurement Courses in South Africa are so important that they have various names including:
- Procurement training for beginners. BOTI realizes that very often delegates wish to have a through basis for training hence it has an approach that that its course should be presented as Procurement training for beginners.
- Public Procurement Training Courses.
- Demand Planning course in South Africa.
- Supply Chain Management course
- Supply Chain Training.
- Supply Management Training Courses.
- Supply chain courses in South Africa.
Please Phone Us Now To Speak to One of Our Friendly Consultants
Please Fill in the Form – We Will Get Back to You Within 15 minutes
Please Email Us Now – We Will Get Back to You Within 15 minutes