MS Outlook for beginners
Welcome to the digital age. Gone are the days when we used to print all of our business communication pieces on paper, place them in an envelope and either dump them in the out-tray for internal distribution or for external posting, send them through the postal system. Today, just about every piece of communication is sent via email, posted to a shared online platform or sent out via social media networks.
You’ve got mail! Open your inbox now and enrol on BOTI’s MS Outlook for beginners course. BOTI offers MS Office training courses, computer training courses and computer training programmes. BOTI offers business training programmes across South Africa.
This course is essential for the digital age and is specifically designed to get you up to speed with electronic mail communication. You will learn how to log on to the Internet and how to use electronic mail (email) software. You will also be shown how to read and reply to an electronic mail (email) message, use address functions and manage your email messages as well as how to adjust the basic settings in your electronic mailbox.
Get online and learn how to:
- Log on to the Internet and use electronic mail (email) software to send and receive messages.
- Attach documents or files to an electronic mail (email) message.
- Organise and manage message folders or directories within electronic mail (email) software.
- Use address functions.
- Adjust basic settings.
- Set up a mailbox.
You’ve got mail! Open your inbox now and enrol now on BOTI’s MS Outlook for beginners course. BOTI offers MS Office training courses, computer training courses and computer training programmes. BOTI offers business training programmes across South Africa.
Benefits of attending: MS Outlook for beginners course
Upon successful completion of this course you will become adept at performing a number of different functions and operations using Outlook including:
- Understanding the basic principles of how email works.
- Understanding the various components of the mailbox such as Inbox, Sent, Outbox and the trash bin.
- Using the Cc (carbon copy) and Bcc (blind carbon copy functions) to copy others in on the email.
- How to use the signature function within an email.
- How to forward an email to another user.
- The correct use of ‘Netiquette’ (Internet etiquette) when sending an email.
- The use of emoticons (smileys).
- How to use a mailing list manager (MLM) and using ‘Subscribe’, ‘Unsubscribe’ and ‘Help’.
- How to use MIME (Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions) to attach images, sound and text to an email.
- Understanding the structure of an email including the header, the message proper and the header fields.
- Understanding email security and authorized usage of email.
- Using anti-virus software.
- Understanding SPAM or Unsolicited Bulk E-mail (UBE).
- How to manage the Outlook Address Book.
Who is this course suitable for?
This course is aimed at those individuals who are seeking to improve their computer skills.
Testimonials from similar courses
Kelly-anne Smith – Meridian Agrochemical Company (Pty) Ltd
‘What went well for me was the use of formulas and pivot tables and I now have more knowledge on how to use Excel better.’
Daniels Cloete – Black Mountain Mining (Pty) Ltd
‘This course was a real benefit in learning the finer details of Powerpoint. ‘
This Unit Standard course is aligned to Unit Standard 7571: Demonstrate the ability to use electronic mail software to send and receive messages
Public Course Schedule and Costs
Please click on link below for related public course/s:
There are no upcoming events at this time.
You might also enjoy: MS Excel for beginners