Emotional intelligence is the ability to monitor one’s own and other people’s emotions, to discriminate between different emotions and label them appropriately, and to use emotional information to guide thinking and behavior. Studies have shown that people with high emotional intelligence have greater mental health, exemplary job performance, and more potent leadership skills. Markers of EI and methods of developing it have become more widely coveted in the past few decades.
The objectives of this course (Emotional intelligence training course) is to apply the principles and concepts of emotional intelligence to the management of self and others
Key benefits of emotional intelligence include:
- Increased Self-Awareness
- Emotional Management
- Social Awareness
- Conflict Resolution
- Effective Communication
In order to benefit form the above, one needs to understand and master emotional intelligence.
The course will enable the learner to:
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the concepts and principles of emotional intelligence in respect of life and work relations. This is explained with reference to examples from work and life scenarios and by referring to examples (eg. self-confidence, self-esteem, self-awareness, and losing control).
- Analyse the impact of emotional intelligence on work and life interactions. The negative and positive effect of emotional intelligence is explained through examples at the interpersonal and intrapersonal level. The effects of practicing emotional intelligence are set-out by referring to examples . Examples could include interpersonal conflict, positive work environment, stress management and efficiency.
- Analyse the role of emotional intelligence in interpersonal and intrapersonal relationships in life and work situations.
- Evaluate own level of emotional intelligence in order to determine development areas. Own responses to life and work situations are analysed in terms of the principles and concepts of emotional intelligence. Techniques for improving own emotional intelligence are described in relation to development areas identified. Strengths and weaknesses are analysed with reference to the concepts and principles of emotional intelligence in order to identify development areas.
Training Approach (Emotional intelligence training)
Our two day training course is designed so that the knowledge acquired is applied practically, so that the business environment can be enhanced.
The Emotional intelligence training course has a strong focus on an outcomes based approach and is presented to encourage group participation and involvement. Key mechanisms used include:
- Practical relevant Exercises
- Speeches and Presentations
- Team sessions
- Practical Demonstrations
- Discussions and
- Case examples
All delegates will receive:
- Material, refreshments (lunch, tea), after training assistance for 3 months (Emotional Intelligence Training Course)
- Memory stick (with relevant tools and models that can be easily accessed when applied back at work) (Emotional Intelligence Training Course)
Upcoming Public Courses
Please click on link below for related public course/s:
Interpersonal Skills/ Conflict Management Skills and Diversity Management Skills
- July 22 @ 8:00 am - July 23 @ 5:00 pm
- July 29 @ 8:00 am - July 30 @ 5:00 pm
Leadership and Supervisory SkillsThere are no upcoming events at this time. There are no upcoming events at this time. There are no upcoming events at this time.
Customized Courses – Book or Obtain Instant Quote
We also offer the above course across the country: Anytime, Anywhere. Click on the link to get an instant proposal or book your course NOW:
[button link=”/courses/emotional-intelligence-training-course-course/” type=”big” color=”orange” newwindow=”yes”] Book Course, Anytime, Anywhere[/button]
Or alternatively click on the button below to view our full Public Course Calendar of close to 100 events:
[button link=”/2018-public-course-schedule/” type=”big” color=”green” newwindow=”yes”] 2018 Public Course Calendar[/button]
(Emotional intelligence training course:Johannesburg (Sandton), Cape Town, Durban, Port Elizabeth, Pretoria – South Africa)
Please Phone Us Now To Speak to One of Our Friendly Consultants
Please Email Us Now – We Will Get Back to You Within 15 minutes
Don’t delay. Skill up at BOTi Today.
BOTi – Get On Course