Excel Combo – Beginners to Graphs and Problem Solving, Johannesburg
November 4 @ 8:00 am - November 6 @ 5:00 pm
Course fees, including VAT, reduce as you send more delegates; for example:
BOTi Essential Course – Excel to the power of 3: Beginners + Problem solving + Graphs/Charts = Winning Formula Training : Course Introduction
Don’t be terrified of spreadsheets! You don’t need to be a numbers boffin to master the basics of Excel. This is one of several Excel courses we offer which cater to all levels of expertise, from beginners to intermediate through to advanced.
Welcome to the world of Excel. Microsoft Excel is perhaps the single most important software program used in business today. Particularly in the field of information systems, Excel is an essential end-user computing tool. Many business professionals use Excel to perform everyday functional tasks and an increasing number of people rely on Excel as a decision support tool.
Excel enables users to unlock the potential of their data by using formulas across a grid of cells. Data is inserted into individual cells in rows or columns which allows sorting and filtering.
The first part of this power course focusses on showing you how to create a spreadsheet from a given specification, manipulate data using cells, label cells and formula cells and perform basic sums such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and sum.
In the second part you will learn how to develop a solution to a specified problem using formulas and built-in functions.
In part three we teach you how to create and edit graphs and charts using features that enable you to add colour, dimension and visual context to a set of data values.
BOTi Essential Course – Excel to the power of 3: Beginners + Problem solving + graphs/charts = winning formula Training : Course Outline
Unlock data potential, solve problems and create visual context with this power packed Excel course for winning formula spreadsheets. You will learn how to:
- Apply the principles of creating spreadsheets.
- Create, open and save spreadsheets.
- Produce a spreadsheet from a given specification.
- Prepare and produce a spreadsheet to provide a solution to a given problem.
- Adjust settings to customise the view and preferences of the spreadsheet application.
- Work with multiple worksheets.
- Create and edit a graph/chart
- Load data from an external data source to produce a given spreadsheet result.
- Insert and edit objects in a spreadsheet.
Upon successful completion of this course you will become adept at performing a number of different functions and operations and learn about the various functions of Excel including:
- SUM, COUNT, AVERAGE, MAX, MIN and IF.
- Working with the basic components of Excel and understanding what each one does including Active Cell, Column Letter, Formula Bar, Name Box, Row Number and Sheet Tab.
- Understanding the various uses of Excel including but not limited to for finance, school applications, forms, lists and sports.
- The benefits of using spreadsheets including building great charts, using conditional formatting, helping to identify trends and bringing data together.
- The various properties of a spreadsheet including ribbon, file tab, quick access toolbar, window controls, title bar, status bar, flash fill, separate workbook windows, quick analysis, table slicers, changing column widths and row heights.
- Working with multiple worksheets to suite the solution to a given problem.
- Manipulating cells within the worksheet.
- Applying formulae to worksheets to provide alternative solutions to a given problem.
- Applying simple built-in functions of the spreadsheet application to a given problem.
- Applying formatting to a spreadsheet applicable to a given problem.
- Using special effects to improve the presentation of the spreadsheet.
- Evaluating a spreadsheet to comply with a given problem.
- Creating and editing all types of graphs/charts including pie, bar, column, line, scatter and area charts.
- Editing a graph in terms of graph title, axis titles, data labels, background colour, line or bar colour.
- Inserting and editing objects into a spreadsheet including pictures, images, charts and auto shapes.
- Manipulating objects in a spreadsheet by moving, copying and resizing.
- Using a drawing tool to draw an object in the spreadsheet.
To win with Excel you need the right formulas. BOTI offers Excel training courses, Excel short courses and computer short courses. Enrol now to kick-start your Excel training with BOTI’s Excel to the power of 3: Beginners + Problem solving + graphs/charts = winning formula course. BOTI offers business training programmes across South Africa.
BOTi Essential Course – Excel to the power of 3: Beginners + Problem solving + graphs/charts = winning formula Training : Course duration
BOTi Essential Course – Excel to the power of 3: Beginners + Problem solving + graphs/charts = winning formula Training : Who should attend?
This course is suitable for those individuals who are seeking to improve their working knowledge of Excel.
Testimonials from similar courses
Amanda Cunningham – Endeavour, Gold Mining
‘I gained better insight and understanding of Excel and am more comfortable operating the app. I learnt formulas, pivot tables and consolidating. The course was relaxed and informative.’
Bianca Steytler – Meridian Agrochemical Company (Pty) Ltd
‘I learnt a lot of new formulas and tricks to automate processes. What went well for me was hands-on learning with examples from our own work put into perspective. The best thing about this course was formulas and actual examples to practice on.’
Kelly-anne Smith – Meridian Agrochemical Company (Pty) Ltd
‘What went well for me was the use of formulas and pivot tables and I now have more knowledge on how to use Excel better.’
Katrien de Ridder – Meridian Agrochemical Company (Pty) Ltd
‘I learned new skills regarding formulas, functions and pivot tables..
Diederick Klopper – Meridian Agrochemical Company (Pty) Ltd
‘I can now easily set up my data into Excel.’
This Unit Standard course is aligned to:
Unit Standard 116937: Use a Graphical User Interface (GUI)-based spreadsheet application to create and edit spreadsheets
Unit Standard 116940: Use a Graphical User Interface (GUI)-based spreadsheet application to solve a given problem
Unit Standard 116943: Using a Graphical User Interface (GUI)-based spreadsheet application, enhance the functionality and apply graphs /charts to a spreadsheet