Lead like Mandela!
To be an effective leader you need to know how to adapt.
The company may be changing, you may be new to your role, have unrealistic targets and a demanding boss.
In order to succeed, you need good leadership skills.
Our leadership training courses and management training is designed to teach you the range of skills necessary so you can take the lead and motivate your teams to success. Now you can Enrol in one of South Africa’s Top Leadership Courses and learn the secrets of leadership today.
In the word of the Great South African leader, Nelson Mandela, “Lead from the back — and let others feel they are in front.”
Our short leadership training courses: Leadership and People Management Training Course (Top Leadership Courses South Africa) are aimed at strengthening your current management and leadership skills which we customize around your current workplace environment and industry.
Our management training will help all managers and leaders develop the proven and essential methods to positively impact and motivate their staff to improve, achieve and sustain the highest high levels of performance.
Leading the people is not just about creating a “feel good” atmosphere, it is about creating the right attitudes and behaviours required for winning fair and achieving the organization’s objectives.
Leaders communicate the organizational values for the maximum positive impact on people behaviours. They inspire “all the way” by differentiating people based on their performance and behaviours, including following up with rewards and development. Leadership should ensure that top performers are identified and acknowledged. How to support and motivate average performers who need leadership assistance through coaching and mentoring and importantly, how to be frank and fair with poor performing team members, thus helping them to choose jobs that best suit their abilities.
Some key points to remember for leaders (as taught in our short People Management Course):
o Reward in a manner to meet expectation levels and maintain inspirational levels
o Provide the big picture rather than further personal agenda
o Promote trust rather than encourage politics for short term gains
o Coach rather than boss around
o Coordinate teamwork rather than supervise
(Leadership and People Management Training Course - People Management Course: Johannesburg (Sandton), Cape Town, Durban, Port Elizabeth, Pretoria - South Africa)
Key outcomes of the our various short People Management Courses (our management training) include:
- Explain the basic activities involved in the management process .The basic activities involved in the management process are named with examples. The planning, organizing, leading, controlling function is identified . Responsibility and accountability is contrasted with reference to delegation.
- Identify and explain some of the tasks required of managers. Decision making task of managers, communication, coordination is explained with examples. The delegating, disciplinary, evaluating and motivating task of managers is explained with examples.
- Apply the decision making process to make a management decision. The steps to be followed in making a decision are explained with reference to an authentic workplace situation.
- Apply the general management functions to a selected organisation. The management functions in an organisation are listed and an indication is given of who in the organisation is responsible for each function.. The role of a team leader or low level manager in the management of an organisation is outlined with reference to the basic management functions and tasks.
(Leadership and People Management Training Course - People Management Course: held in Johannesburg (Sandton), Cape Town, Durban, Port Elizabeth, Pretoria - South Africa)
Our various short People Management Course (our Top Leadership Courses South Africa) are designed so that the knowledge acquired is applied practically, so that the business environment can be enhanced.
Leadership and People Management Training Course has a strong focus on an outcomes based approach and is presented to encourage group participation and involvement. Key mechanisms used include:
- Practical relevant Exercises
- Speeches and Presentations
- Team sessions
- Practical Demonstrations
- Discussions and
- Case examples
All delegates (for Leadership and People Management Training Course :Johannesburg (Sandton), Cape Town, Durban, Port Elizabeth, Pretoria – South Africa) will receive:
- Material, refreshments (lunch, tea) (Leadership and People Management Training Course )
- Memory stick (with relevant tools and models that can be easily accessed when applied back at work) (Leadership and People Management Training Course )
0 of 15 questions completed
You must specify a text.
You must specify a text.
You must specify a text.
You must specify a text.
You must fill out this field.
Do you understand how to be a good leader?
Free test of your leadership knowledge – click below:
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 15 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
Question 1 of 15
1. Question1 points
What are attributes of a leader?Correct
Question 2 of 15
2. Question1 points
What are the principles of influence?Correct
Question 3 of 15
3. Question1 points
Historically leaders have fallen into three categories – they are:Correct
Question 4 of 15
4. Question1 points
What are the four styles for situational leadership?Correct
Question 5 of 15
5. Question1 points
What is the Hershey-Blanchard model?Correct
Question 6 of 15
6. Question1 pointsCorrect
Question 7 of 15
7. Question1 points
What is participating style?Correct
Question 8 of 15
8. Question1 points
What is delegating style?Correct
Question 9 of 15
9. Question1 pointsCorrect
Question 10 of 15
10. Question1 points
What are the abilities a leader should have according to the Kouzes and Posner ?Correct
Question 11 of 15
11. Question1 points
A paradigm is an established model or structure – true or false?Correct
Question 12 of 15
12. Question1 points
How can a leader encourage responsibility in others?Correct
Question 13 of 15
13. Question1 points
What did Aristotle describe as the basics of persuasion?Correct
Question 14 of 15
14. Question1 points
One of the best developments in the workplace has been the term – Human Resources – true or false?Correct
Question 15 of 15
15. Question1 points
Leaders have a bigger impact when they –Correct
Upcoming Public Courses
Please click on link below for related public course/s:
Leadership and Supervisory Skills
- March 8 @ 8:00 am - March 9 @ 5:00 pm
- March 9 @ 8:00 am - March 10 @ 5:00 pm
- March 10 @ 8:00 am - March 12 @ 5:00 pm
- March 11 @ 8:00 am - March 12 @ 5:00 pm
- March 23 @ 8:00 am - March 24 @ 5:00 pm
- March 30 @ 8:00 am - March 31 @ 5:00 pm
- April 13 @ 8:00 am - April 14 @ 5:00 pm
- April 15 @ 8:00 am - April 16 @ 5:00 pm
Course Location and Industries
Courses are offered throughout South Africa including: Aliwal North; Beaufort West; Benoni; Bethlehem; Bloemfontein; Brakpan; Brits; Cape Town; Carletonville; Centurion; Cullinan; De Aar; Delmas; Dundee; Durban; Empangeni; Ermelo; Graaff-Reinet; Grahamstown; Harrismith; Heidelberg; Hermanus; Howick; Johannesburg; Kimberley; Kimberley; Klerksdorp; Knysna; Krugersdorp; Lichtenburg; Louis Trichardt; Margate; Middelburg; Midrand; Mpumalanga; Nelspruit; Nelspruit; Newcastle; Nigel; Orkney; Oudtshoorn; Paarl; Parys; Phalaborwa; Piet Retief; Pietermaritzburg; Plettenberg Bay; Polokwane; Polokwane; Port Alfred; Port Elizabeth; Port Shepstone; Potchefstroom; Pretoria; Randburg; Randfontein; Richards Bay; Richmond; Rondebosch; Rustenburg; Saldanha; Sandton; Sasolburg; Secunda; Senekal; Somerset East; Springs; Standerton; Stellenbosch; Tzaneen; Uitenhage; Upington; Vanderbijlpark; Vereeniging; Virginia; Volksrust; Vryheid; Warmbaths; Welkom; Witbank; Wolmaransstad; Worcester.
Staff management courses are applicable across all industries including: Accommodation; Agriculture; Automotive; Banking; Business services; Chemical; Clothing; Communications; Entertainment; Financial Services; Footwear; Government; ICT; Manufacturing; Metal;Mining; Property; Retail; Textiles;Tourism; Transport and Wholesale.
Please Phone Us Now To Speak to One of Our Friendly Consultants
Don’t Delay. Skill up at BOTi Today.
BOTi – Get On Course